I know, I know! It’s been a while since I’ve posted a blog post.
But, trust me..It took a whole lot for me to publish this today. I’ve given a lot of thought to what I want to say and how I want to say it.
If you’re new—ish to Teach Good Stuff, you probably have no clue who I am! So, let me introduce myself.
My name is Jennifer Kennedy, the woman behind Teach Good Stuff. I started Teach Good Stuff 4 years ago to help individuals design engaging and transformational online courses, webinars, and other digital content.
I then turned my blogging and information sharing into a business selling digital content and online courses.
At the end of last year, I decided to take a small sabbatical to get clear on my next steps. I had this recurring feeling that I needed a change. During this time, it was important to move away from the “shoulds” and “coulds” so that I could concentrate on what I wanted. I spent less time online and more time reflecting. During this break, I had a few major epiphanies that I wanted to share about my business, which has led to my decision…
- I felt that I wasn’t really working in my zone of genius – the area that best utilizes my strengths and talents.
- I LOVE online webinars, but I most come alive when I’m in front of people teaching.
- I realized that I was scattered and doing way TOO many things that were not successfully moving my business forward.
- Much of what I built was a direct result of doing things that I saw others do, which caused me to start feeling less fulfilled (see point #2).
- I had a shift in my life priorities, vision, and values.
- Lastly, I finally embraced my essence of an explorer. My entire life has been a 3-4 year cycle of moving to a new place, starting a new job, taking a new class, etc. I always felt that this was a negative characteristic. During these last few months, I’ve come to embrace the curious explorer in me and realize that this is yet another cycle that will move me to my next phase.
So, during that month and since I’ve been exploring whether or not to stick with Teach Good Stuff or blaze a new path.
I struggled with making this decision about Teach Good Stuff. I don’t take my business or actions lightly, especially when it affects other people. So, I needed some time away to reflect and make a choice that felt right.
With that, the choice that feels most right is to close the doors of Teach Good Stuff. I know it’s going to feel freeing for me to be able to move on and open up energy for my new adventures.
What this Means for you..
On May 6, 2017, I will shut down the Teach Good Stuff website. (I’m scared just thinking about that.) So, any urls that you’ve saved will no longer work…
If you’ve purchased a product from me in the past, I’ve got you covered… I will send you a separate email that will show you how to download the training videos for future access. You’ll also receive an email from Gumroad with that information. So, please be on the look out! I plan to keep those products available for you to download and provide support for the next 3 months. (If you need any help, please reach out to me at email@example.com.)
Lastly, my newsletter…..I still would love to stay connected if that feels right to you. I plan to in some way, share my journey. One thing that I’ve really enjoyed the last few years is making some wonderful connections with my community!!
So, if you’d like to stick around and see what I’m up to..I’ll let you know in a future email about how to stay in touch. You can also find me on good ‘ol Facebook.
If you don’t want to stay connected, that’s cool too. You can use this link to unsubscribe to future emails. (Keep in mind, if you unsubscribe you may not receive communication about previously purchased products – say that 10 times fast!).
A few things that I’ve been up to include…
Over the last few months, I’ve been exploring my next move. Typically, I’m always ready with my next step. This pivot is different in that I’m still exploring. But, what I have been up to has been…
- Holding a community workshop on communication called, Bridging Divides: How to Communicate When Differences Run Deep.
- Becoming a part-time Training Manager for a company called Billions Institute, which provides training for non-profits and foundations to help them implement large-scale social change.
- Taking better care of my health! I’ve neglected some recurring health issues for far too long. So, now I’ve opened up space to learn how to better take care of myself with healthy foods and using less toxic products.
- Reading the book, Pivot: The only move that matters is your next one, to determine what my next career/business phase will look like.
- Doing a lot of reflection on my strengths, personality, what lights me up, and what I’ve learned on this journey that I will take with me in the future.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart..
Teach Good Stuff’s story, unfortunately, will end very soon. I have appreciated your emails, your connection, your comments, and your encouragement. I really hope that I accomplished what I set out to do — which is to help people share their ideas with others in the hopes of impacting their lives. I hope you continue to do that.
I’ll be in touch prior to shutting down the website and to send reminder emails about downloading any products.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being on this journey with me – whether that has been for 4 years or for 4 days! I appreciate and have deep gratitude that you allowed me space in your inbox and purchased my trainings.
Wishing you much happiness and success wherever the road leads you. Here’s to teaching good stuff and following our dreams!